5 Short Yet Interesting Facts About Glass
- The oldest examples of manufactured glass can be found in Ancient Egyptian jewellery, and is over 14,000 years old.
- Despite being made nearly everywhere else, no glass was made in China from the 14th Century until the 19th Century. Despite this 500 year abstinence China is now the world’s largest glass producer.
- The energy produced from recycling one average sized glass bottle can power a computer for half an hour or a colour TV for 20 minutes.
- Glass can occur naturally in 2 ways. The first kind, which is called Fulgurite is made when lightning strikes sand and the second is made by the intense heat produced during volcanic eruptions and is called Obsidian.
- It can take as little as 30 days to recycle glass and get it back on the shelves, and it can be recycled over and over again without its quality diminishing.
This post appears in...
This post has been tagged...
This post was written by alemAlem Al-Khamiri